Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Harvest 2015: Chaos on the Crush Pad
- Starmont: A “New” Carneros Winery Worth A Visit
- My Secret Life As An Uber Driver
- Do You Deserve Good Service?
- Harvest 2014 is Underway!
- You are drinking Rosé this summer, aren’t you?
- “My Breakfast With Bob”– a non-report on a wine writer session with Robert Parker, Jr.
- Some great restaurants in the Napa Valley you may not know about
- Suggestions for Optimizing Your Visit to the Napa Valley
- My two cents on wine scores, Millennials and the like
Category Archives: Wine
Traditionally, September and October are when the Napa Valley grape harvest is in full swing. The Valley comes alive during that time; the roads choked with trucks hauling tons of grapes in those ubiquitous white bins. The air is ripe … Continue reading
Yesterday afternoon we visited Starmont, a “new” winery in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley that I predict will become an instant hit due to its combination of location, ambience, and delicious affordable wines. Although the building and property … Continue reading
Despite the fact that one of my neighbors is still shooting off 4th of July fireworks every evening, harvest started in the Napa Valley today. Yes, that harvest. The grapes. The grapes that make the wine that makes all this … Continue reading
Summer is here and the temps have creeped up and, at least in my backyard, it’s pretty toasty out when wine o’clock rolls around each day. (And yeah, yeah, I can already hear some of you sniping about how you … Continue reading
During the Professional Wine Writers Symposium this week, we were challenged to write a poem about Tuesday night’s after-party, featuring some noted 2002 Napa Cabernets. The following limerick, written in about five minutes just prior to the deadline, was awarded … Continue reading