Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Harvest 2015: Chaos on the Crush Pad
- Starmont: A “New” Carneros Winery Worth A Visit
- My Secret Life As An Uber Driver
- Do You Deserve Good Service?
- Harvest 2014 is Underway!
- You are drinking Rosé this summer, aren’t you?
- “My Breakfast With Bob”– a non-report on a wine writer session with Robert Parker, Jr.
- Some great restaurants in the Napa Valley you may not know about
- Suggestions for Optimizing Your Visit to the Napa Valley
- My two cents on wine scores, Millennials and the like
Category Archives: Napa
Yesterday afternoon we visited Starmont, a “new” winery in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley that I predict will become an instant hit due to its combination of location, ambience, and delicious affordable wines. Although the building and property … Continue reading
Despite the fact that one of my neighbors is still shooting off 4th of July fireworks every evening, harvest started in the Napa Valley today. Yes, that harvest. The grapes. The grapes that make the wine that makes all this … Continue reading
The recent publication of the 2014 Michelin ratings for restaurants in the United States once again shines a bright (and well-deserved) light on a dozen establishments here in the Napa Valley. To no one’s surprise, The French Laundry and The … Continue reading
A fellow wine writer posted a blog entry earlier this summer entitled “10 Warnings for Visitors to Napa Valley” which caught my eye because I had been meaning to pen an entry on advice for wine country visitors myself. Although … Continue reading
I was very happy to find out yesterday afternoon that my latest story would be running in today’s Napa Valley Register. When I write my own stories, the editor just holds them until a week when the Friday wine section … Continue reading