Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Do You Deserve Good Service?
- Harvest 2014 is Underway!
- You are drinking Rosé this summer, aren’t you?
- “My Breakfast With Bob”– a non-report on a wine writer session with Robert Parker, Jr.
- Some great restaurants in the Napa Valley you may not know about
- Suggestions for Optimizing Your Visit to the Napa Valley
- My two cents on wine scores, Millennials and the like
- My award-winning limerick from Wine Writers Symposium
- The Symposium for Professional Wine Writers
- Third story in four weeks. Does this make me a veteran?
Category Archives: Food
The recent publication of the 2014 Michelin ratings for restaurants in the United States once again shines a bright (and well-deserved) light on a dozen establishments here in the Napa Valley. To no one’s surprise, The French Laundry and The … Continue reading
Aah, it’s funny how perspective depends upon your point of view. Many of you know how fortunate I feel that Laurie and I moved here 19 months ago. In many ways it is the best decision of my life, and … Continue reading
For many years I believed, like so many other wine drinkers, that red wines were better when aged and white wines were best consumed very young. Certainly, while it is often true, it turns out that it is not always … Continue reading
Two Saturdays ago Laurie and I were able to participate in the second annual (at least we hope it will be annual!) “Afternoon on Pritchard Hill,” which was put on by five of the wineries located in this often-overlooked sub-region … Continue reading