Highway 29 was started with the idea that I would offer marketing and writing services to smaller wineries and wine-related businesses who lacked either the expertise, resources or big budgets to do an adequate job on their own. In the meantime, as my blog gained traction and readership, my friends encouraged me to try to get my work published. In late 2012 I approached the Napa Valley Register and asked if I might be able to write wine feature stories for the Friday wine section. A few minutes later I was a writer. So now I am a freelance journalist, finding interesting stories and people to write about, and seeking outlets for my work. Wish me luck!
- You are drinking Rosé this summer, aren’t you?
- “My Breakfast With Bob”– a non-report on a wine writer session with Robert Parker, Jr.
- Some great restaurants in the Napa Valley you may not know about
- Suggestions for Optimizing Your Visit to the Napa Valley
- My two cents on wine scores, Millennials and the like
- My award-winning limerick from Wine Writers Symposium
- The Symposium for Professional Wine Writers
- Third story in four weeks. Does this make me a veteran?
- New Year, New Job: Reporting for the Napa Valley Register!
- What could be better than living in the Napa Valley?